Thursday, December 2, 2010

Up

There really is no good explanation about how this particular week got out of hand. Sure we traveled on Friday and Saturday, but it really seemed like no biggie when we are able to get the tree up Sunday and rearrange all the furniture in the living room (to you know, actually fit the tree in, in a pleasing way). Tangent: I love putting up the tree because of the cleaning under all the furniture part...and of course the pretty lights.

Anyway, so there really seemed to be no reason for everything to go out of control. The house was clean for the coming week.

So if you were able to reach your eyeballs through your computer screen and see me, you might be wondering how I came to be sitting in my living room with laundry hanging out of two baskets piled on the rocker, toys and veritable junk littering the floor, dishes and food all over the dining room peaking at me from around the corner,and me sitting snacking on a dried up crust of bread with my hair disheveled in a sideways floppy bun from several days without combing it, I'm hoping that my reality show TV crew shows up soon. I hid when our produce guy came to deliver our box this week.

That isn't particularly surprising I suppose, but it is surprising to me after feeling as though I have positively slaved away to keep things running around here. Okay, so maybe not slaved, but definitely worked hard...okay, I liked my first word choice better. Whatever! I am bedraggled. Not quite as bedraggled as Papajama looked when he arrived home from school on Tuesday with the flu, but I am bedraggled...tanked up on vitamin C and probiotics? Absolutely, but bedraggled nonetheless. I honestly don't know how anyone who single parents or has a frequently traveling spouse does it. 2.5 days of this stuff and I'm done.

Phoenix seems to be her cheerful self, although she is showing signs of being cooped up in the house for several days straight. Zephyr seems to have caught a mild case of it though. She ran a fever last night, and I'm hoping that we're going to escape dry heaves with her...that's what Papajama has been battling. In the 4.5 years we've been married, I've never known him to go an entire day without eating. But yesterday he ate nothing and today he ate an apple, and a miniscule amount of rice, green beans, and tofu that I made for dinner.

So now here we are, I'm the last person up tonight, and I'm bushed. But, I really don't want to go to bed. It sounds far from relaxing. Both girls are in our bed this evening, and I know as soon as I lay down, Zephyr will want to nurse. Phoenix will want back scratches. And to tell the truth, Mama needs a little personal space. Three days of being pulled, and snotted on, and taking food orders...and to top it off Zephyr isn't sleeping well, and she's waking me up every half hour. It's much less than a relaxing proposition for the evening...And so I'm up...but who knows how much longer that will last....

1 comment:

Pipsylou said...

haha...i so get this. :)